Friday, September 9, 2011

Art of Digital Design 2 Class at JessicaSprague.com

I have been taking the Art of Digital Design 2 class taught by Carina Gardner (at Jessica Sprague.com), and can I say how much I am enjoying it?! Carina is a very accomplished designer...in more ways than just her digital scrapbooking designs, and it has been great to hear from her and draw on her expertise. Also, she's got a really great, down-to-earth personality as I could see during the webinar she held this week.

I am taking this class for a couple of reasons. One, I think you can never have too many good examples of "how" to do digital scrapbooking. Every designer brings different strengths to the table, and it's cool to be able to pick up on new ways of doing things and new ways of looking at the design challenges we all face. Also, Carina has had a large measure of success, so it seems to me that she is a great person to emulate if at all possible. Two, I wanted to know for sure that my work was up to snuff in terms of file preparation and the way the industry tends to do things with the preview.  And three, I wondered what kinds of skills I hadn't even imagined I was lacking in Photoshop and Illustrator. It's fun to pick up on quick new ways to get the job done!

Here are my first two paper pack previews for you to see. I am starting on an element set right now, and sometimes this part can be difficult for me until I find my theme. I don't have my theme yet. Usually I start off knowing my theme in advance, but I'm working on it!



No comments:

Post a Comment